- Serve as the liaison between their Departments, Organizations and Tribal users and NFC Security.
- Ensure that access is being requested in compliance with their Departments, Organizations and Tribes security policy (e.g., Update access.)
- Submit properly completed requests for security access via ServiceNow and all required resources, level of access (Read or Update) needed, scope of access (org structure or POI)
- Notify NFC Security of changes in access authority or employment status (separation or extended leave).
- Request and/or review security access reports to ensure that only currently employed, authorized users have access to Agency resources.
- Cannot request security access changes for your own UserID.
- Provide proper justification for expedited security access requests.
- Call the NFC Operations and Security Center (OSC) to report access problems. OSC can be reached at 800-767-9641, or via email at email@example.com. Include the user's exact error message.
- Attend Insurance Security Officer training as needed.
- Remind users whose accounts are about to expire to log on.
- Review and act upon security notifications from GovDelivery.
- Use authorized forms (AD-3100 series provided by NFC or agency-authorized) to submit access requests.
- Tribal Security Officers (TSOs) only can reset Tribal Insurance Processing Systems (TIPS) user passwords.
Last Updated / Reviewed: March 28, 2019