Equal Employment (EEO) Contact and the Informal EEO Complaint Process
An aggrieved Party (AP) must contact an EEO Counselor within 45 calendar days of the date of the alleged discriminatory act, event, when she or he became aware of the act(s) or action(s) or in the case of a personnel action. Contact the agency’s EEO Counselor or EEO office that is responsible processing of the complaint.
The EEO Counselor will:
- Request basic information about your complaint;
- Request your contact information and or your representative, if you are represented;
- Advise you of your rights and responsibilities; and
- Offer you Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), if appropriate, as a possible way to resolve the matter or traditional EEO Counseling.
If the matter in not resolved, the EEO counselor will conduct a final interview and issue the Aggrieved Party a Notice of Right To File (NRF) a form EEO complaint.
Call us to speak with a Civil Rights Representative please call from between 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT., Monday through Friday. You can always contact us at any time of the day via email at the addresses provided below.
OCFO Civil Rights Chief - Lorna Lucas Yates
Service Areas: Formal EEO POC, Training, Conflict Resolution Management, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), OCFO Reports, EEOC 462, and No Fear Reports, Informal EEO Counselor
- Office Number: (504) 426-7217
- Mobile Number: (504) 250-1899
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (303) 205-3290
EEO Specialist - Donna Gilbert
Service Areas: Formal EEO POC, Training, Conflict Resolution Management, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), No Fear Reports and Informal EEO Counselor
- Office Number: (504) 426-7683
- Mobile Number: (504) 655-3556
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (303) 274-3721
EEO Assistant - Gisele Hidalgo
Service Areas: EEO POC for American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter Requests, Training, Conflict Resolution Management/Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), Informal EEO Counseling
- Office Number: (504) 426-8051
- Mobile Number: (504) 421-7734
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil Rights and Conflict Management Office
13800 Old Gentilly Rd.
P.O. Box 60000
Building 101 - EB38
New Orleans, La. 70160-0001