Skip to Main Content

United States Department of Agriculture

National Finance Center

Additional Links
Contact Us

Equal Employment (EEO) Contact and the Informal EEO Complaint Process

An aggrieved Party (AP) must contact an EEO Counselor within 45 calendar days of the date of the alleged discriminatory act, event, when she or he became aware of the act(s) or action(s) or in the case of a personnel action. Contact the agency’s EEO Counselor or EEO office that is responsible processing of the complaint.

The EEO Counselor will:

If the matter in not resolved, the EEO counselor will conduct a final interview and issue the Aggrieved Party a Notice of Right To File (NRF) a form EEO complaint.

Contact Information

Call us to speak with a Civil Rights Representative please call from between 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT., Monday through Friday. You can always contact us at any time of the day via email at the addresses provided below.

OCFO Civil Rights Chief (Acting) - Darvin Bennett

Service Areas: Formal EEO POC, Training, Conflict Resolution Management, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), OCFO Reports, EEOC 462, and No Fear Reports, Informal EEO Counselor

EEO Specialist - Carolyn Newsome

Service Area: EEO Counseling / EEO Dispute Resolution

EEO Administrative Assistant - Richard Ness

Service Areas: EEO Counseling / EEO Dispute Resolution

Mailing Address:

Civil Rights and Conflict Management Office
13800 Old Gentilly Rd.
P.O. Box 60000
Building 101 - EB38
New Orleans, La. 70160-0001

Last Updated / Reviewed: October 22, 2019