FFCRA New Transaction Descriptors
|Transaction Descriptor (TD)
|Full Rate Isolation
|Full Rate Quarantine
|Full Rate Medical
|2/3rd Rate Individual Care
|2/3rd Rate School Closure
|2/3rd Rate Other
PHE Leave 2/3rd Rate (same reason code as TD 95)
A critical piece of the legislation defines daily and overall pay caps as follows:
- 100% pay for qualifying reasons 1-3 (up to $511 daily and $5,110 total):
- Reason – 1) Employee is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19.
- Reason – 2) Employee has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19.
- Reason – 3) Employee is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis.
- 2/3 pay for qualifying reasons 4 and 6 (up to $200 daily and $2,000 total):
- Reason – 4) Employee is caring for an individual subject to an order described in Reason 1 or self-quarantined as described in Reason 2.
- Reason – 5) Employee is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or childcare provider is unavailable) for reasons related to COVID-19.
- Reason – 6) Employee is experiencing any other substantially similar condition specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with Secretaries of Labor and Treasury. (These conditions are to be determined as the DOL issues implementing guidance.)
NFC is pleased to inform our customer Agencies that we have developed three tools specifically designed to assist with managing the new paid leave categories associated with FFCRA.
- FFCRA Estimator - designed for use during the pay period to assist with determining the amount of leave that can be approved for an employee without exceeding the daily and/or overall pay caps. The estimator is simple to use and only requires the Agency to enter the employees hourly rate, the maximum bi-weekly hours and the number of hours requested each day. Agencies are encouraged to utilize the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) salary tables found on OPM’s Web site. Download the FFCRA Estimator tool.
- Insight report - designed to provide cumulative tracking of the leave throughout the available time period of April 1, 2020, through December 31,2020. The Insight report has been made available in the Public Reports Folder. View the instructions for running and modifying the report.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – A compilation of answers to the questions we have received across our customer base. View the FAQs.
Each of the tools are aimed at giving the employees, timekeepers and managers clear guidance and sight into the usage of this leave. Most importantly, the tools are designed to prevent the approval of leave usage that exceeds the daily and overall pay caps cited in the legislation. It is critical that Agencies adhere to the daily and overall pay caps to mitigate the potential for having to establish a bill due to salary overpayment. Agencies should advise employees that they must notify the Human Resources (HR) office immediately if they believe they have been overpaid. If the Agency determines that an employee has exceeded the daily or overall pay cap in any given pay period, the Agency must submit a corrected timecard for the employee to systemically update the leave used and create a receivable for the overpayment. NFC will not process manual SPPS requests for salary overpayments due to exceeding the daily or overall pay cap because it will not update the leave used in the database properly and will contribute to inaccurate reporting.
We appreciate your patience and support as this continues to evolve and new guidance is being released daily. Our commitment is to work with you, address your questions and provide you with the facts and support needed to carry out the provisions of paid leave under FFCRA.
We anticipate beginning in PP 08 our NFC Contact Center (NCC) will experience a high call volume regarding the submission and processing of timecards in conjunction with the new legislation. As such, in addition to calling the NCC at 1-855-632-4468, you may also submit your inquiries via ServiceNow. We are asking Agencies to please add the following text before the detailed description of your issue into the Details field: FFCRA Inquiry.