What is Insight?
The National Finance Center presents Insight – a new business intelligence solution that provides integrated data and flexible analytics to drive strategic data-driven business decisions.
Insight is a comprehensive, enterprise-wide data warehouse with advanced reporting and business intelligence capabilities.
- Operational Reporting
Detailed employment reports, transactional processing reports, and case management reporting
- Management Dashboards
Management summary reports, drill-down analysis, trend analysis, and variance analysis
- Scorecards, Executive
Dashboards, and Analytics
Summary-level dashboards, key performance indicators, scorecards, and predictive analytics
Insight provides a consolidated data warehouse with advanced business intelligence and reporting capabilities that support a wide range of business needs. Features include:
- A single, integrated system of data
- Replacing legacy reporting applications with an intuitive reporting solution
- Secure-access based on user roles and provisioning
- Intuitive dashboards with drill-down analysis capabilities
- Standard common reports and the ability to create Agency-specific reports
- Powerful ad hoc report functionality
- Easy to use Drag-and-drop functionality
- Multiple export and printing options
Insight includes a number of pre-built reports based on the common Government reporting needs of customer organizations. Common reports and dashboards can be customized and easily exported in several useful formats.
Ad Hoc Reporting
Insight provides flexibility with your data to create ad hoc reports - creating Agency-specific reports, filtering data, and displaying results in multiple formats such as tables, graphs, maps, and trending visuals.
Summary Level Dashboards
Dashboards combine several reports into one summary view to provide unique insights into a business question. Insight includes several pre-built dashboards for Government-wide reporting needs, but users also have the ability to create Agency-specific dashboards with any combination of available reports and newly created ad hoc reports.
What is Reporting Center?
The Reporting Center is an interactive Web page available via the NFC Web site, which allows managers, personnel specialists, and other employees of Federal Agencies serviced by NFC to generate Administrative Reports, Financial Reports, Personnel Action Reports, and Workforce Reports.
The Reporting Center combines NFC's expertise in Web applications and user reporting to offer a new way to access management information that is usable, dependable, and cost effective.
Reporting Center Features
- Create customized and predefined reports
- Create statistical reports or graphs
- Print statistical reports or graphs
- View reports online
- Search by Name and SSN
- Save reports
- Display a list of all employees within an organization
- Display an employee's personal profile using the Payroll/Personnel System data base record information as displayed in the Information Research Inquiry System (IRIS)
- Download reports directly to spreadsheets
NFC has always maintained the highest level of controls to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of its client's valuable information. This tradition of security awareness will continue as we move to the Web for delivery of applications and services. The Reporting Center already uses 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL Level 3) for encryption of data traveling over the Internet and has in place policies and procedures to protect the Web server environment.
The Reporting Center team at NFC has begun development on integrating client certificate technology for authentication.