TAXES 18-15, Ohio Cities (Local) Income Tax Withholding
Published: January 30, 2018
Effective: Pay Period 01, 2018
The city income tax withholding rates for Akron and Heath, Ohio, will include the following changes:
- Akron will increase from 2.25 percent to 2.50 percent.
- Heath will increase from 1.50 percent to 2.00 percent.
No action on the part of the employee or the personnel office is necessary.
Withholding Formula (Effective Pay Period 01, 2018)
- Subtract the nontaxable biweekly Federal Health Benefits Plan payment(s) (includes dental and vision insurance program and flexible spending account - health care and dependent care deductions) from the gross biweekly wages.
- Multiply the adjusted gross biweekly wages by the number of pay dates in the tax year to obtain the gross annual wages.
- Apply the gross annual wages by multiplying the following guidelines to determine the annual Ohio city income tax withholding:
Compute the City Income Tax Withholding For:
By Multiplying the Gross Annual Wages By:
City Tax Status
(Duty Station = DS;
Resident = R):
Middleburg Hgts (voluntary)
- Divide the annual Ohio city income tax withholding calculated in step 3 by the number of pay dates in the tax year to obtain the biweekly Ohio city income tax withholding.
To view the updated tax formula, go to thepage from the drop-down menu on the National Finance Center (NFC) homepage. Select the tab and select from the menu to launch the tax map. Select the desired State from the map provided for the formula.
Previous Tax Bulletin
For questions about NFC processing, authorized Servicing Personnel Office representatives should contact the NFC Contact Center ator via the customer service portal.