Pennsylvania State Income Tax Withholding Information
|State Tax Withholding State Code:||42|
|Acceptable Exemption Form:||None|
|Basis For Withholding:||Percentage of Annual Wages|
|Acceptable Exemption Data:||None|
|Additional Information:||A state tax certificate is not required since the state tax computation is based on a percentage of annual wages.|
Withholding Formula (Effective Pay Period 04, 2004)
- Subtract the nontaxable biweekly Federal Health benefits Plan payment(s) (includes dental and vision insurance program, and flexible spending account - health care deductions) from the gross biweekly wages.
- Subtract the nontaxable biweekly life insurance payment from the adjusted gross biweekly wages.
- Add the taxable biweekly fringe benefits to the adjusted gross biweekly wages.
- Multiply the adjusted gross biweekly wages times 26 to obtain the annual wages.
- Multiply the annual wages by 3.07 percent to calculate the annual Pennsylvania tax withholding.
- Divide the annual Pennsylvania tax withholding by 26 to obtain the biweekly Pennsylvania tax withholding.