Processing Tips for Claims Package
Subscribe to Processing Tips
- Recipient notifies the Agency.
- The Agency calls the National Finance Center (NFC) Contact Center at 855-632-4GOV to initiate the claim of non-receipt or process the request in Document Tracking System External (DOTSE).
- A stop payment is placed on the check.
Note: A stop payment on a Treasury check does not work like a stop payment on a regular bank account check. The Treasury check can still be cashed.
- If the check is cashed a Form FMS-1133, Claim Against the United States for the Proceeds of a Government Check, will be generated from Treasury.
- NFC receives the Form FMS-1133.
- NFC mails the Form FMS-1133 to the Agency.
- The Agency mails the Form FMS-1133 to the recipient for the recipient to complete the form, responding to the questions and affixing signatures on the form as instructed.
- If the recipient fails to complete Form 1133, the account is listed as an open receivable. The employee is then indebted to the Agency.
Note: This process is for any type of Government-issued paper check.