HRPAY 21-03, Other Tax Credits
Published: March 15, 2021
Effective: Pay Period 06, 2021
In accordance with the new Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form W-4, Employee Withholding Certificate, instructions, the National Finance Center (NFC) has enhanced EmpowHR by allowing the entry of other tax credits.
Modified the Total Dependents field to make it a fillable field.
W-4 data is processed on the Payroll Documents page - Tax/Federal Tax Data tab.
The Total Dependents field has been modified to make it a fillable field, thereby allowing other tax credits to be entered on the W-4.
The following fields are used to enter W-4 information:
- Multiple Jobs/Spouse Works - Employee holds more than one job at a time, or is married filing jointly and spouse also works.
- Qualified Children - Total dollar amount for qualified children in increments of $2,000 only. Example: Calculated totals will be $2,000, $4,000, $6,000, etc.
- Other Dependents - Total dollar amount for other dependents in increments of $500 only. Example: Calculated totals will be $500, $1,000, $1,500, etc.
- Other Income - Tax withheld for other income. This may include interest, dividends, and retirement income.
- Other Deductions - Deductions other than the standard deduction to reduce withholdings.
The procedure manual for this application, which is available online at the NFC Web site, is being updated to include the information in this bulletin. To view this procedure, selectfrom the drop-down menu on the NFC Home page. At the page, select the tab and select the applicable category to access the procedure manual within the category.
For questions about NFC processing, authorized Servicing Personnel Office representatives should contact the NFC Contact Center ator via the customer service portal at ServiceNow Portal for Federated Users and at ServiceNow Portal for Non-Federated Users.