HRPAY 19-14, New Front-End System Interface (FESI) Process to Replace Table Management System (TMGT) Table 102, Pay/Pers Download Table
Published: December 20, 2019
Effective: Pay Period 24, 2019
The National Finance Center (NFC) will begin delivering new download files from the Front-End System Interface (FESI) via a new process. This new process mimics the Table Management System (TMGT) Table 102, Pay/Pers Download Table. The current Table 102 process will remain available until all Agencies that process have converted to Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
Front-End System Interface (FESI)
The revised process will provide daily files as part of a FESI transmission after the Personnel Input and Edit Subsystem (PINE) processes are complete. The pay period file occurs after the Bi-Weekly Examination Analysis and Reporting System (BEAR) processes are complete.
To establish themselves with the new process, Agencies must submit download file information to NFC via Form AD-3003, Software Change Request (SCR). In addition, Form AD-3113, Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) File Transmission Request, must be completed to provide all file-related information.
The following parameters should be used as the new naming conventions for the download file:
- NFCPFESI.T102.frequency.DEPTAGCY.POIxxxx where:
- NFCPFESI.T102 = constant value for all TMGT Table 102 file names
- Frequency = two- or three-position code to identify the frequency of the transmissions. Valid values are:
- (DLY) Daily = daily after PINE runs
- (PP) Pay Period = once per pay period after BEAR runs
- Department = two-position Department Code
- Agency = two-position Agency Code
- POI = four-position Personnel Office Identifier (POI). This is an Office of Personnel Management (OPM)-designated number that identifies the employing or servicing office.
In addition to the new file naming conventions, the file layout will increase by nine characters to accommodate two fields added due to changes in processing of IRS Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. These new fields are:
- W4-Flag (Alphanumeric, one character)
- Total-Amount-Claimed-Dependents (Alphanumeric, eight characters)
The procedure manual for this application is available online at the NFC Web site. To view this procedure, selectfrom the drop-down menu on the NFC Home page. At the page, select the tab and select the applicable category to access the procedure manual within the category.
For questions about NFC processing, authorized Servicing Personnel Office representatives should contact the NFC Contact Center ator via the customer service portal.