Important Update: Members are required to submit a complete Annual Recertification package within 30 days from the date of email notification from the USDA. Members who are non-compliant (failed to meet the 30 day deadline to complete the Annual Recertification package submission as directed by the USCG) will be officially removed from the USCG CCS Program and will be ineligible to apply for benefits for 30 days from their official removal date.
Annual Recertification Process
Each Member/Family enrolled in the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Child Care Subsidy (CCS) Program must Recertify for benefits each year in order to validate their continued eligibility. The Recertification process requires specific information and documentation from you and your Child Care Provider. Incomplete Recertification packages cannot be processed and may result in a delay in processing your paperwork and payments to your Child Care Provider and/or removal from the program
Members have 30 days to complete and submit all documentation to the USDA once they receive their Recertification notification. Failure to submit all required documents by the established deadline will result in the Member being officially removed from the USCG CCS Program due to non-compliance. In addition, a penalty will be applied that Members/Families who are non-compliant will not only be removed from the U.S. Coast Guard Child Care Subsidy Program, but will also be ineligible to re-apply for a USCG CCS Subsidy for 1 month. This new policy will become effective with the June 2018 Recertifications.
Please note: You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To obtain a free copy, click on the Acrobat Reader icon and download it from the Adobe Web site.
U.S. Coast Guard Child Care Subsidy Annual Recertification Package [PDF - 1.26MB]
Back to Top
- To help minimize the time it takes to process your Recertification, please ensure that your package is complete and includes all applicable signature before submitting to the USDA for processing.
- Emailing all documents in PDF format will avoid delays in processing. You will receive an automated email response when your application is submitted via email. The email will provide you a case number and instructions for corresponding about your application.
- Illegible information could result in a request of resubmission of form or document
- Member must provide valid government email address on application
- The USCG Member's Spouse/Partner is required to be working or enrolled in school to qualify
- Child must continue to be enrolled in order to process the Member's Recertification action
- Child Care Provider must be a USDA Approved Provider in order for the Member's Application to be processed If you are changing Child Care Provider, and the Provider is not already approved by the USDA, your Recertification of benefits will be delayed as the Provider must also complete the application process and be approved prior to the processing of your information
Back to Top