Members are required to submit a complete Annual Recertification package within 30 days from the date of email notification from the USDA. Members who are non-compliant (failed to meet the 30 day deadline to complete the Annual Recertification package submission as directed by the USCG) will be officially removed from the USCG CCS Program and will be ineligible to apply for benefits for 30 days from their official removal date.
The USCG CCS benefit is available to Active Duty Members and Active Duty Reservists called to action for 180 days or longer. Families may qualify for subsidy benefits in accordance with the Benefit Table based upon their Total Family Income (TFI) (Adjusted Gross Income + Annual BAS + Annual BAH II).
Please be advised that the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Child Care Subsidy Program offered through the USDA is based upon the Department of Defense (DOD) fee structure that the U.S. Coast Guard and DOD CDC's have in place. Therefore, if you are using any USCG or DOD CDC you are currently paying child care rates that are comparable or equal to this program and would not qualify to receive benefits under this program.
Eligibility to receive benefits is based upon all documents submitted to the USDA for review. A determination of benefits will be completed at which time the Member and their Child Care Provider will receive an email from the USDA informing them of the benefit that they may be entitled to and the effective date.
Please note that Members are financially responsible for all child care costs until they have been informed by the USDA that a U.S. Coast Guard Child Care Subsidy benefit has been approved on the Member’s behalf.
Eligibility includes the Members who meet the following criteria:
- Active duty USCG Member, or a USCG Reservist who has been called to Active Duty for 180 days or longer, and
- The parent or legal guardian of a child (or children) age 12 and younger, and
- Pay child care costs for that child (or children) to a licensed/regulated provider
- A single parent, or
- A Member with a Spouse/Partner who is working, attending school or looking for work and meets any of the following:
- Working a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Actively seeking employment
- Enrolled in school full time
- In the process of enrolling in school full time
- A combination of credit hours and labs, work study or other related studies that do not result in a credit hour or hours may qualify. (A review of the school schedule will be required to determine eligibility.)
- Any combination of work and school hours
To begin your application process:
Please note: You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To obtain a free copy, click on the Acrobat Reader icon and download it from the Adobe Web site.
- U.S. Coast Guard Child Care Subsidy Program Application Package [PDF - 1.38MB]
- U.S. Coast Guard Family Handbook [PDF - 740KB]
Back to Top