Eligibility to receive benefits is based upon all documents submitted to the USDA for review. A determination of benefits will be completed at which time the NPS Employee and their Child Care Provider will receive an email from the USDA informing them of the benefit that they may be entitled to and the effective date.
Please be advised that NPS Employees are financially responsible for all child care costs until they have been informed by the USDA that a National Park Service Child Care Subsidy benefit has been approved on the NPS Employee's behalf.
Eligibility includes the following categories of National Park Service Employees:
- Current NPS Employees (Contractors do not qualify)
- Total family income of $70,000 and under and are:
- A single parent
- An Employee with a Spouse/Partner who is working and or attending school outside of the home
- Requires child care for a child/children who is 12 years of age or younger, or a disabled child 18 of younger that is physically or mentally disabled as determined by a physician or a licensed/certified psychologist
- Using a Licensed, Accredited Child Care Center or home that has been approved by the USDA based upon NPS Child Care Subsidy Program guidelines
The Employee may qualify for benefits in accordance with the Benefit Table established by the National Park Service. Please note that not all Employees whose income is equal to or less than $70,000 will qualify for benefits. NPS Employees must first pay their calculated portion of child care costs prior to being eligible for NPS CCS benefits.
To begin your application process:
Please note: You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To obtain a free copy, click on the Acrobat Reader icon and download it from the Adobe Web site.