Annual Recertification Process
Each Employee/Family enrolled in the National Park Service (NPS) Child Care Subsidy (CCS) Program must Recertify for benefits each year in order to validate their continued eligibility. The Recertification process requires specific information and documentation from you and your Child Care Provider. Incomplete Recertification packages cannot be processed and may result in a delay in processing your paperwork and payments to your Child Care Provider and/or removal from the program.
Employees have 30 days to complete and submit all documentation to the USDA once they receive their notification. Failure to submit all required documents by the established deadline will result in the Employee being removed from the program and financially responsible for all child care costs.
Please note: You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To obtain a free copy, click on the Acrobat Reader icon and download it from the Adobe Web site.
National Park Service (NPS) Recertification Package [PDF - 1.78MB]
Back to Top
- To help minimize the time it takes to process your Recertification, please ensure that your package is complete and includes all applicable signature before submitting to the USDA for processing
- Emailing all documents in PDF format will avoid delays in processing. You will receive an automated email response when your application is submitted via email. The email will provide you a case number and instructions for corresponding about your application
- Illegible information could result in a request of resubmission of form or document
- Employee must provide valid government email address on application
- The NPS Employee's Spouse/Partner is required to be working or enrolled in school to qualify
- Child must continue to be enrolled in order to process the Employee's Recertification action
- Child Care Provider must be a USDA Approved Provider in order for the Employee's Application to be processed
- If you are changing Child Care Provider, and the Provider is not already approved by the USDA, your Recertification of benefits will be delayed as the Provider must also complete the application process and be approved prior to the processing of your information
Back to Top